1. Disconnect the black negative battery cable from your battery. Loosen the retaining nut on the cable and slide it off of the battery terminal.
2. Grab the front edge of the trim panel surrounding the gear stick and lift it up. The panel is clipped in place in the rear by plastic retaining tabs. Slide the panel forward slightly to disengage the tabs and remove the panel.
3. Use a screwdriver to turn the plastic nut on the bottom of the gear-stick knob counterclockwise to loosen it. Slide the knob off of the gear stick.
4. Use a flat-head screwdriver to pry the retaining tabs on the ashtray away from the ashtray. While still prying the tabs away, lift the ashtray up to remove it. Unplug the ashtray light and cigarette lighter cables.
5. Use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the two screws along the bottom of the control panel. Disconnect the cables from the bottom of the panel. Apply your parking brake and slide the gear stick into the 'Drive' position. Slide the control panel out of the dashboard and remove it. Slide your gear stick back into 'Park.'
6. Remove the two screws along the bottom of the stereo. Slide the stereo forward and disconnect the cables from the rear of the device to remove it.