1. Park your Mercedes Benz SLK 350. Turn on the headlamps.
2. Pull the hood latch inside the vehicle to unlock the hood. Locate the hood switch under the hood, depress it and open the hood.
3. Locate the blown bulb by examining the headlights. Note that you may need to turn the headlamps on the "bright" setting to check and see which bulb is out. Note that the low-beam bulbs are the inner bulbs in the headlight assembly; the high-beam bulbs are the outer bulbs in the headlight assembly.
4. Rotate the housing cover counterclockwise and remove it from the headlamp assembly, exposing the bulb socket. Note that the housing cover is a circular, black, plastic cover that fits over the rear of the bulb.
5. Rotate the low- or high-beam bulb socket, depending on which you are changing, counterclockwise and remove it from the headlamp assembly. Continue holding the bulb socket.
6. Grasp the base of the bulb and remove it from the socket.
7. Insert the new bulb by pushing the base of the bulb into the socket. Avoid touching the glass of the halogen bulb, if possible.
8. Insert the bulb socket back into the headlamp and turn clockwise. Replace the housing cover and turn clockwise.